Federation of Old Cornwall Societies

Bird Chough Facebook circle blue large

Liskeard Old Cornwall Society

 

Officers

 

President: Brian Oldham

 

Secretary:  Zac Leon

 

Treasurer: Mrs Brenda Furse

 

Recorder: Mrs Paula Arthur

 

Archivist: Jackie Jenkins

 

 

 

Click to contact this Society

 

Programme

Meetings held in the Public Hall, Emily Hobhouse Room at 2.30pm each second Friday in the month.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Founded: 1928

 

Colours: Black, Red & Gold

Liskeard new Liskeard OCS Records

Reports

Well worth popping down to the Pipe Well to view the wonderful new information board with major input from the Liskeard OCS archive.

Liskeard Pipe 2018 Crying the Neck Liskeard OCS Celebrates its 90th Liskeard 2019-20 1922 Lamellion

1922 Lamellion

Alison & Merv Davey Buffet begins

The 2019 Annual Social

 

The 2019 Annual Social was a resounding success with four neighbouring Societies attending and entertainment provided by Alison & Merv Davey

The Buffet Begins

Alison & Merv Davey

In 1856 Liskeard had 44 gas street lights. The last remaining one has been given a face-lift by OCS members; they were also able to expose the remains of the manufacturer's mark; the rose of Roseland Vale Foundry, Menheniot.

The Rose Proper Job

Job Done

 

The bridge carrying the St Cleer Road over the Liskead & Caradon Railway was demolished in 1985. A section of the bridge and a piece of rail were preserved by the OCS and its annual tidying up by present day members took place in May.

Job done